cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SUPEE-11086 patch

SOLVED

Installing SUPEE-11086 patch

Hello,

I am using Magento CE 1.7.0.2 version. New SUPEE-11086 security patch have came out. But since i have not installed previous security patch SUPEE-10975, so do i need to install the older patch or this new patch alone will work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installing SUPEE-11086 patch

Hi @aditi_das 

Before installing a new patch you should apply all the previous patches. Just applying the latest patch is not helpful. There may be files in the latest patch which were patched in any of the previous patch.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @aditi_das 

Before installing a new patch you should apply all the previous patches. Just applying the latest patch is not helpful. There may be files in the latest patch which were patched in any of the previous patch.

---

Thank you. 

Hi,

I am on 1.9.0.1 and looking to install SUPEE 11086. I know there are previous patches to be installed. Is the correct way to install one patch at a time? Can it be clarified that adding a patch is different to updating Magento version?

Thanks

Hi @christopher_oliver 

Yes, you should install one patch at a time. After installing a patch you should test your site end to end, you may need to fix custom theme (template files) and custom modules to be compatible with patches.

Yes there is a difference between upgrade and patches. This may help you to understand 

Why Magento recommends to upgrade to 1.11.0EE even if patches are available for 1.10.0.2EE ?

---