cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento CE 1.8.0 issues when moving from localhost to dev server

Magento CE 1.8.0 issues when moving from localhost to dev server

I have ran through and applied patches to a local working version of my magento site (excluding patch SUPEE-6788) and everything appears to be working as expected. I have now deployed these changes to a development server version of the site to which I am now experiencing some functionality issues.

1) When trying to access the backend admin, the login form is loading as a plain white page (no styling applied) to which I can't login. Under Chrome developer tools I am getting a series of 'net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT' messages and for some reason it is trying to access a different url (admin is being prepended to the url e.g. admin.sitename.com/admin) This is only displaying in the console and the url in the browser still remains as sitename.com/admin

2) The Front end issue is occurring with the layered navigation of the site which is being generated by MANAdev layered navigation. When clicking on a subcategory or filter the url is changing but no filtering is being applied. If I then refresh the page I am directed to a 500 server error page. 

I have been tailing the apache server logs and also checking magento var/log/system.log but with no luck so far!

If anyone could shed any light on either of these issues it would be massively appreciated.

Thanks.