Security Patch (SUPEE-6285) Error - Hunk #5 FAILED at 1115

Re: Security Patch (SUPEE-6285) Error - Hunk #5 FAILED at 1115

you can quickly check whats going on, and compare your files from svn

http://svn.magentocommerce.com/source/branches/1.8/downloader/Maged/

cheers

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

So what I finally did was take one of my other sites with the same version of magento that the patch worked on and copy and pasted the TaxController.php and Controller.php and when I ran the patch again it said: Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!

So I guess the patch was sucessful as this message is usually given when a patch has already been installed. 

I renamed downloader/Maged/.htaccess and retried the patch ...

the patch seems to fail (?) with following output

PATCH_SUPEE-6285_CE_1.7.0.2_v1-2015-07-07-09-09-08.sh

Checking if patch can be applied/reverted successfully...

ERROR: Patch can't be applied/reverted successfully.

patching file app/Mage.php

Hunk #1 FAILED at 813.

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file app/Mage.php.rej patching file app/code/community/Phoenix/Moneybookers/controllers/MoneybookersController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/AjaxController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/Category/WidgetController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/Product/DatafeedsController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/Product/ReviewController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/Product/WidgetController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Cms/Block/WidgetController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Cms/Page/WidgetController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Cms/PageController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Cms/WysiwygController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Customer/System/Config/ValidatevatController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/JsonController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/NotificationController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Report/CustomerController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Report/ProductController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Report/ReviewController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Report/SalesController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Report/ShopcartController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Report/TagController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/ReportController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Rss/CatalogController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Rss/OrderController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Sales/Billing/AgreementController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Sales/Order/View/GiftmessageController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Sales/Recurring/ProfileController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Sales/TransactionsController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/Config/System/StorageController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/TagController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Tax/RateController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Api2/controllers/Adminhtml/Api2/AttributeController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Bundle/controllers/Adminhtml/Bundle/SelectionController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Captcha/controllers/Adminhtml/RefreshController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Centinel/controllers/Adminhtml/Centinel/IndexController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/MultishippingController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Connect/controllers/Adminhtml/Extension/LocalController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/ImportExport/Model/Abstract.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Oauth/controllers/Adminhtml/Oauth/AuthorizeController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Paygate/controllers/Adminhtml/Paygate/Authorizenet/PaymentController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/controllers/Adminhtml/Paypal/ReportsController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Rss/controllers/CatalogController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Rss/controllers/OrderController.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Widget/Block/Adminhtml/Widget/Chooser.php

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Widget/controllers/Adminhtml/WidgetController.php

patching file app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/cart.phtml

patching file app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/cart/noItems.phtml

patching file app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/failure.phtml

patching file app/design/frontend/base/default/template/rss/order/details.phtml

patching file app/design/frontend/base/default/template/wishlist/email/rss.phtml

patching file app/design/frontend/default/modern/template/checkout/cart.phtml

Hunk #1 succeeded at 95 with fuzz 2 (offset -2 lines).

patching file downloader/Maged/.htaccess patching file downloader/lib/.htaccess patching file errors/processor.php

Any Ideas ?

Thanks

@kimonweb I had the exact same problem as you on a 1.7.0.2 install. The problem is the first patch, to /app/Mage.php.

The error suggests that this file doesn't match what is expected by the patch, but I could not spot any differences between them. In the end I simply applied the patch to that particular file manually, and removed it from the patch file.

To apply the patch manually:

Open /app/Mage.php and on line 816 change :

chmod($logDir, 0777);

To:

chmod($logDir, 0750);

Then line 821 change:

chmod($logFile, 0777);

To:

chmod($logFile, 0640);

Next open the patch file PATCH_SUPEE-6285_CE_1.7.0.2_v1-2015-07-07-09-09-08.sh and remove lines 163-181:

diff --git app/Mage.php app/Mage.php
index bc7a6cb..3c748be 100644
--- app/Mage.php
+++ app/Mage.php
@@ -813,12 +813,12 @@ final class Mage

if (!is_dir($logDir)) {
                     mkdir($logDir);
-                    chmod($logDir, 0777);
+                    chmod($logDir, 0750);
                 }

if (!file_exists($logFile)) {
                     file_put_contents($logFile, '');
-                    chmod($logFile, 0777);
+                    chmod($logFile, 0640);
                 }

$format = '%timestamp% %priorityName% (%priority%): %message%' . PHP_EOL;

Updated patch file should then hopefully work.

... found that my app/Mage.php file had double lines on it ... meaning that in every code line had a CRLF line (empty line) under it.

propably this is the reason that patch fails on Mage.php file ...

is that correct ?

Sounds about right, I believe the file needs to match exactly what Magento has in its repository for the patch to apply. This is a good resource for comparing particular files http://svn.magentocommerce.com/source/branches/1.7/ (or you can just download a copy of the relevant version from Magento's release archives).

So you can either restore the Mage.php with correct line breaks before running the patch again, or manually patch just that file as per the instructions previously.

I had the exact same problem. What did you do to correct it?

PATCH_SUPEE-6285_CE_1.7.0.2_v1-2015-07-07-09-09-08.sh

Checking if patch can be applied/reverted successfully...

ERROR: Patch can't be applied/reverted successfully.

patching file app/Mage.php

Hunk #1 FAILED at 813.

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file app/Mage.php.rej

Ok I found out for some reason under app/ I had several other files besides .htaccess & Mage.php. I also had-

bootstrap.php

Mage.bootstrap.php

Mage.class.php

and when I looked at Mage.php all thast was in the file was-

<?php
require __DIR__ . '/bootstrap.php';

I fortunately had 2 backups of my site and looked at the file/folder structure and both only had 2 files .htaccess and Mage.php? So I removed the extra files and ftp Mage.php backup to my site and ran the patch with putty and all went well and site is up!

Note: you can see what patches you have if they were succesfully installed if you go here- app\etc\applied.patches.list

Hello, we have written quickly a tiny tool to check a bit more ...

https://www.clever-zoeger.de/blog/magento/magento-patch-supee-6285-security-patch-extended-check.htm...

feel free do give us feedback if do you think it makes sence :-)

you are welcome to improve our code as well.