cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Customers did not receive email confirmation after placing an order

3 Customers did not receive email confirmation after placing an order

Hi, 

my email settings on magento and email server is fine and they are working. I have an email forwarder for my magento shop. my current version is 1.4.0.1 . we ar enot looking to ugrade it for technical reasons. Magento works just fine for us when our customers place na order. 

However, ocassionaly we run into problems where things get overwhelming. yesterday one of my customer did you receive the email confirmation email after he placed an order. and then there's 2 more customers today said they did not get the email confirmation email after they've placed an order in my website. we have not made any changes in the email that goes out. The only change we did today was changed the host and port from the exisitng settings to "host" and "port" given by our provider Nexcess. However, I do not think making those changes in magento email settings caused any issue that made these 2 customers not get the confirmation email today. because, even before I made the changes yesterday I still got  acustomer who did not receive the email confirmation. we have a pretty big customer base. and this is beccoming stressful to handle. any suggestions or ideas on why this happens?

1 REPLY 1

Re: 3 Customers did not receive email confirmation after placing an order

Hello @napermedgmb658 

1. Check the email logs in Magento: Look for any error messages or delivery failures in the email logs. This can help you identify if there are any issues with the email server or if the emails are being blocked by the recipient's email provider.

2. Check spam folders: Ask your customers to check their spam or junk folder to see if the confirmation emails are getting filtered there.

3. Check email address: Make sure the customer has entered the correct email address when placing the order. A simple typo can cause the email to be sent to the wrong address.

4. Check email template: Check the email template in Magento to ensure that it is formatted correctly and contains all the necessary information.

5. Contact your email provider: If none of the above steps work, contact your email provider to see if there are any issues on their end that could be causing the problem.

It's also worth noting that Magento 1.4.0.1 is a very old version, and there may be some compatibility issues with newer email protocols and spam filters. You may want to consider upgrading to a newer version of Magento to ensure that everything is working smoothly.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now