cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 Error after login to Admin - index.php - nginx

404 Error after login to Admin - index.php - nginx

I have a Magento 1.9.10 site that we are migrating from server with Apache to server with Nginx with PHP7.2. i use shared hosting for my Magento site. Most of the things around Nginx server must be set by my hosting administrator. When i use in link "/index.php/" i am getting a 404 error, without index.php is frontend ok. When i want visit admin dasboard and when i want login to Admin Dasboard page i am getting a 404 error.

Address to dasboard is myeshopwebsite.cz/index.php/admin/index/index/key/9ea6bdfd0fdbd381a720414c4358d9ae/. When i manully remove "/index.php/" from this link i can login to Admin dasboard and for every next step i must remove "/index.php/" from address.

Any ideas why the "/index.php/" would cause 404 errors?

I think it's a bad nginx server setup. Please help me!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 404 Error after login to Admin - index.php - nginx

Hello @INGTECH 

https://www.templatemonster.com/help/magento-how-to-remove-index-php-from-the-website-url.html

please check above to link solve your problem.

First, try to 

Admin Side 

On the appeared screen click "Web" tab under "General" on the left hand side of your admin panel. You will see the below screen:
Now set the "Use Web Server Rewrites" option under "Search Engines Optiomization" to "Yes".

If works then mark as a solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Re: 404 Error after login to Admin - index.php - nginx

Hi,

i can not change "Search Engines Optiomazition" in admin becouse every step in admin backend give me 404 error (every link in backend i have with "/index.php/") - i must manually remove from link index.php when i need do next step. But in Search Engines Optiomatizition i have "Yes". I can not change to "No" becouse when i want save changes on page and click on save, this page give me error 404 and doesn´t save my change.

I tried change in MySQL in core_config_data - web/seo/use_rewrites - from 1 to 0 and back and it is still same (every page with "/index.php/" give me error 404 and when i manually delete "/index.php/" page is working.

I thing that this is problem with nginx rewrite setup on my server. I need know good setup for nginx server.