cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add to Cart 403 Error

Add to Cart 403 Error

Hello,

I am facing an error when trying to add an item to the cart, but only from specific product categories, and it does not effect all products within that category. 

Running 1.9.4.1, however the install still says I am on 1.9.2.4, the install was done with an autoinstaller provided by my host. 

If I try to add an item to the cart from the catalog product listing of all items in a category, I receive a 403 error, if it's done from search, the same. Some items will allow me to add the item to a cart from the actual product page itself, but not all. 

While looking at the URL that is being linked, I noticed the code is adding an addition 1, sometimes 2, commas at the end of a url string that causes the 403 error. If I remove the commas, the link works perfectly. 

For example:
If I am browsing products in the catalog and click the first item to Add to Cart this is the url line I receive, the commas are in bold, before the '/product/'
"/checkout/cart/add/uenc/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNpZW50ZWFydGh0cmFkaW5nY28uY29tL25ldw,,/product/968/form_key/6UJDTBSbmyoHvqsr/"

Is this a problem in the php code that is being called? 

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Add to Cart 403 Error

I reinstalled 1.9.4.1 and it fixed the shopping cart issues I was having. 

Only problem now are I lost my header image and top nav bar. 

Did the css file move/change in this new version? 

Re: Add to Cart 403 Error

Not that I can see. What probably happened is that the fixes for your header/footer were in one of the base/ folders that were overwritten when installing the newest version. If you backed up your files before upgrading (I hope you did!) then you may be able to locate the changes that were made to the base files. Move those changes to your custom theme location to avoid future upgrade problems like this.