Hi everybody! I'm having a strange problem with Magento import. Here are the steps I've followed:
1) Create a new product
2) Set qty_increments to 25 and uncheck "Use config settings" box (QTY Increments are enabled by default in Config Settings)
3) Export the product as csv by Magento system
4) Delete the existing product
5) Import the CSV that I've exported before (didn't touch it), it has:
6) When I go on the product, use_config is enabled and "qty_increments" is set to 0.
We have many products that needs to use the qty_increments option but we couldn't import it directly by the CSV files, as it seems that those two paramaters are being ignored. If we don't manage to solve this problem, the only way is to fix manually product every time we need to update them, because if we uncheck the unbox manually and set the value, all works fine.
We've also tryed to uncheck other "Use config settings" boxes of "Inventory" tab, and we managed to do it by importing the CSV. The only box we couldn't uncheck is the one related to qty_increments. Magento Version: 1.9.3.
If someone may help I'll appreciate it very much. Thanks for your time!
I've tested your scenario on an almost clean Magento installation (18.104.22.168) and I was able to export the product and then reimport the same product with the qty_increments custom values.
Are you using 3rd-party modules?
Can you test disabling all the local modules?
Hi @Damian Culotta and thanks for your support. May you confirm me that the checkbox "Use Config Settings" of "Qty Increments" is UNCHECKED on the product, after you have imported it?
I've tryied to perform new installations of Magento on different hosting, a clean installation, with also different version of 1.9. Today we tryied also with 22.214.171.124. Here's what happens:
1) We create a product and set qty increments for it, disabling the box "Use Config Settings" in order to activate the specified configuration.
2) We export the product
3) We reimport the product: now qty_increments and Use Config Settings aren't set anymore. Even if in the import file, the csv value are right, as it worked before the export.
Since we tryied with different hostings and different versions of Magento, it sounds very strange to me that you don't encounter this problem. Hope that anyone else can make a try to see if it's related to Magento or not
Edit: if you send me the csv file that imports you the product correctly, we may try to upload it and see if the problem is related to file.
Edit 2: a screenshot of your System>Configuration>Catalog>Inventory also may help
I'll perpare a video and the files. I'll come back soon with the material.
Here's a video with the test: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/798040/import-export.ogv
first of all thanks for your time!
Your help was precious: using your method, we are able to perform a mass update on our products. However, we still need to use FLOW PROFILES to import all products with images.
So what we did is:
1) Import all by Data Flow Profiles method
2) Export all by standard export method (as you shown)
3) Modify the exported file with updated qty_increments values and reupload it by the standard import method (as you shown) instead of Data Flow Profiles way.
So our question now is: may you confirm us that is impossible to have updated qty_increments by importing and exporting exclusively with Data Flow Profile? It appears to be a Magento bug. In the meanwhile, thanks for your precious help.
Using Dataflow (export product stocks and then import product stocks) works perfect too.
I've made and export, then I've modified the generated file with new qty and in_stock falg values.
The process has worked pefect to me. I'm pretty sure there isn't a bug here.
I spent 3 days trying to figure out this EXACT SAME ISSUE!
Turns out, that by default Magento (126.96.36.199 is what i'm using) does NOT INCLUDE 2 variables in it's DataFlow import! I can't fathom WHY they would do such a thing, but here is how to fix it:
Follow these instructions. You'll have to go to the config file, add this code, and then flush magento cache. After I did this I was FINALLY able to use DataFlow Export for QTY Increments.
I hope this helps you!