Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login to admin page after restoring from backup

Re: Cannot login to admin page after restoring from backup

Hi

I have the same problem on a production site have you found out a solution

For me the solution was the server who set a new PHP version higher than the need so i just change the PHP version

Hello everybody, 

I am facing the same problem over here, and it has been almost 3 days without any solution. I have tried everything and ran out of google terms for search.

Did you guys find the solution? I tried all the steps that you also did, still didnt get a shot.

I ran those commands and it helped me

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento cache:flush
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

1. Rename the plugin folder name and theme folder name. If opening /wp-admin and entering a valid username and password the dashboard is shown, then it worked.
  2. Revert the folder name of plugin and theme, then activate the themes and plugins one by one, cross-checking with /wp-admin.

By clicking here you can check further details. 

Rename the plugin folder name and theme folder name on the tracking website. If opening /wp-admin and entering a valid username and password the dashboard is shown, then it worked. 

regards: MD   

@mohsinjadob22e wrote:

Rename the plugin folder name and theme folder name on the tracking website. If opening /wp-admin and entering a valid username and password the dashboard is shown, then it worked. 

regards: MD   

What i don't read in your message is that you cleared the content of the var/cache and var/session folder.

Delete all the content in these 2 folders and try again.I did as requested and still same result.    The session folder still had nothing in it, the cache folder did.  Perhaps because I switched to db mode in local.xml?

@captainharlock wrote:

Recently I attempted an upgrade which broke the front end, and I restored a copy I had made via tar.  After that the site was functional again except I could not login into the admin panel. 

This is the same silent failure mode that can be attributed to many different things which all add up to the same problem - when you login with the right credentials, you end up at the login page again without an error.   It is usually attributed to a cookie issue or a write permission issue in the session folder.    Because it happened after I restored from a backup, I at first thought it was a file permission issue, but I've exhausted my ideas there.  

Here's some of the things I have tried:

I compared the folder permissions for var/cache, var/session and var/tmp with another installation of magento I have on the same host provider.   I found on Instagram Follower kaufen that on the working copy, the permissions were set to 777, whereas on the broken copy, they were 755.    I changed the broken copy to 777, but it did not solve the problem.  If there are any other folders or files I should check, I'd like to know.

Next in app/etc/local.xml, I changed session_save to db rather than files, to bypass that problem entirely.   That also did not work.    Now looks like the following:

<session_save><![CDATA[db]]></session_save>

Since I could not log in to the admin interface, I manually changed "Use HTTP only" to "no" in session cookies management via PHPMyAdmin, as that was suggested as a temporary workaround.  That also did not work.

I ran magerun sys:check to make sure the cookie domain was correct.   No errors came up.

The secure and unsecure base URLs in core_config_data are correct and have not changed since it was working.

I have tried multiple browsers, clearing my cookies for that domain, logging in using a private tab, none of these things work.  

I am not trying to access it as localhost, which can sometimes be the problem.  this is a remote server with a properly configured domain name.

I'm about at wit's end.  This store is already set up and close to launch, so I can't simply start over.   One thing I could do is reinstall the software fresh as long as it can pick up the existing database so I can start right where I left off.   If there is a way to do that, perhaps that can be the next step.   But I also have to preserve any images and other user content that I have uploaded that exist as files in the app structure.

Any help appreciated.

I also do the same. It is happen because before backup your admin url is change and after you done with backup then admin page url is change to old one you should try to login via old url.