cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout using paypal throws error "Unable to set Payment Method

Checkout using paypal throws error "Unable to set Payment Method

I am getting the subject line error when clicking continue from Payment Info at checkout. I temp modified onepage.phtml to view the underlying error which shows in place of the subject line error ...

Searches of forums and other resources have been little help. I suspect something to do with recent security patches but cant see the problem. 

Notice: Undefined index: cc_owner  in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php on line 633

Any ideas. Checkout used to work fine. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Checkout using paypal throws error "Unable to set Payment Method

Hi @tblueweb,

Can you try using the default RWD theme to be sure no modifications are needed to your custom theme?

I have multi website multiview store so set up a test website with rwd.The rwd store does not get past the payment step in checkout. No error, nothing in logs.

Note I get the same error with any enabled payment. E.g. enable  "money order", select and get the unable to set payment method. 

I updated to 1.9.3.9. Now checkout will not go past billing step. Using any template, formkey on or off.

I will make a new topic.

Also....

A manually entered order entered in admin  returns "Payment method is not available."

This is on 1.9.3.9. 

Hi @tblueweb,

Did you find anoter inofmration into the Magento logs?

Which payment methods are you using?

I am using PayPal. I also temporarily enabled check/money order which didnt show either. 

I hacked onepagecontroller.php and comment out the isFormkeyValidationOnCheckoutEnabled() code at each step and it worked fine. Of course this isnt a solution. Note setting in admin no to do the formkey check  didnt make any difference.

Nothing in logs. Note despite the formkey comment out hack, still cannot see payment methods in admin orders.