cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable products: product image not updating after selecting attribute in dropdown

SOLVED

Configurable products: product image not updating after selecting attribute in dropdown

I have a configurable product that owns three variations.
The configurable product has 3 different images, I labelled them vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry (same as the attribute values)

I was expecting the product image to update on the frontend when you select one of the flavours.

Isn't that supposed to happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Configurable products: product image not updating after selecting attribute in dropdown

System - Configuration - Configurable Swatches - Enable

worked!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Configurable products: product image not updating after selecting attribute in dropdown

Hello.

What is your Magento version?

Automatic change of image when variation from configurable product drop-down is selected has been added starting from version 1.9.1

If you have got older version this functionality is not included out-of-the box and can be achieved using extension.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

System - Configuration - Configurable Swatches - Enable

worked!

Thanks for the solution. Solved.

for magento 2.2.1 please?

Hi, I am having the same issue and don't have a "Configurable Swatches" option in the Configuration at all. Any other ideas?