cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Form being sent to myself

Contact Form being sent to myself

Hi

A customer fills in my contact form on website, adding name, email, telephone number and comment.
When I open up my webmail, the email is from myself and the subject field is always Contact Form.

I need the contact form to be sent from the customer with there details. (email address and what the subject matter is)

I have searched the web, I thought there would be loads of suggestions, I cant be the only one who have the contact form sent to there webmail. (Windows, outlook).

Please help, even if anybody knows an extension that would do this.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Contact Form being sent to myself

Let's check some items first:

1. Is the original contact form or you've applied a module or customization?
  2. Can you double check (into the backend) on System -> Configuration -> General -> Store Email Addresses if every address is correct?
  3. Into the specific configuration (System -> Configuration -> General -> Contacts) can you see the right parameters (email addresses, template, sender)?

Re: Contact Form being sent to myself

Thank you for your response,
1. yes I have added the mageworx contacts extension, I have written to them for there help as well, waiting on a response.
2. I've checked the backed System -> Configuration -> General -> Store Email Addresses and all address are correct. The general contact is the same as in System -> Configuration -> General -> Contacts (email address).

I have noticed that in System -> Configuration -> General -> Contacts that the template used is Contact Form (extended) (default template from locale). Now when I go into transactional emails and click on add new template and load the Contact Form (extended). There is no content. Perhaps this is the problem.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Since writing this post I have removed the contacts extension. The problem is still there. Is there anyone who can tell me there set up for contact emails being sent to there webmail inbox that would show the customers details.