cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon Removed at billing.save() action on Checkout

Coupon Removed at billing.save() action on Checkout

I am running into an issue that results from coupon codes being removed at checkout. The issue is not consistently reproducible but is happening frequently enough to know that it isn't a user error. Through one instance / user I have finally been able to at least track the issue through to find out that the coupon is being removed at the billing.save() action of the checkout process of the default onepage checkout form.

Steps taken for debugging

1. Add qualifying product to cart.
  2. Enter coupon code to the cart ( success and shows discount and code applied )
  3. Go to checkout
    If you go to the checkout and then go back to the cart page from here the coupon code and discount will still be applied.
  4. Start checkout as Guest or Logged In Customer
  5. Get to the Onepage Checkout page and submit "Step 1" of onepage checkout billing address ( runs the billing.save() js action )

After Step 5 if you were to go back to the cart or continue through to the order review, the coupon code would be gone from your cart. You can add the coupon back to your cart and go through the steps, but as soon as you save the billing address the coupon is removed again.

Does anyone have any insight as to what may be happening on the billing.save() action that could be causing a problem? Or an idea for how the issue is triggered or how I could better debug the action?