cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom URL Rewrites - Deleting after reindex

Custom URL Rewrites - Deleting after reindex

Hi everyone, hope your all well! 

I've researched this problem but still i've got no idea on how to fix it. 

So, i worked on creating a proper menu structure for my products and by doing so, i've made categories with the intention of linking them up to the url taken from my layered navigation, let me try and explain: 

1. I created a category called: Cases & Accessories --> Computer Cases --> Full Tower ('Full tower' being the type of products, filtered out)
  2. I get the required URL by using my layered navigation, filtering the type of computer case which leaves me a URL of: XXX/cases-accessories/computer-cases.html?i_form_factor_771_1=6967 where i realised i cannot use special characters in the URL key inside catalog --> manage products, i then start to create a custom url rewrite
  3. The setup of the custom URL rewrite works perfectly, so i delete the system generated rewrite but when i reindex the catalog url writes, it generates a new system rewrite with a higher ID so uses that over the custom one with now a lower ID. I tried another optionwhich was to edit the system generated one, which only allows me to change the request path, i do this then reindex but again, the default request path is back on.

I have approx 100 of these to do and is now stopping me from launching, any help or advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mehdi