cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Analytics integration

SOLVED

Google Analytics integration

In order to integrate Google Analytics in my store, I have got the corresponding account; and prepared the analyticstracking.php file. Google advises to "use a common include or template to paste the code" <?php include_once("analyticstracking.php") ?>. Grateful for any hints on where to copy the file and how and where to paste the piece code.

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Google Analytics integration

Actually it is a lot easier than that. Magento has built-in support for the Analytics API so all you need to do is add your GA account number in the Google Analytics section in System -> Configuration -> Sales -> Google API. Click Save Config and the tracking code will be automatically added to your site.

Sindre M, CEO & Founder
ProperHost.com - The Magento Hosting Experts

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Actually it is a lot easier than that. Magento has built-in support for the Analytics API so all you need to do is add your GA account number in the Google Analytics section in System -> Configuration -> Sales -> Google API. Click Save Config and the tracking code will be automatically added to your site.

Sindre M, CEO & Founder
ProperHost.com - The Magento Hosting Experts

Problem solved. Thanks a lot.

I just shared my Magento screen with Google developers and they said my Magento Google API was out of date. How do we update it? I tried to install a new plugin 

Google Universal Analytics

But it did not work. After install, the plugin shows a 404 error. 

Any suggestions to update Google API?

Hi,

We have add the code as you told, but we are unable to track the eCommerce orders and activity, we are only able to track the visitors and page views only, need help in that.

For your reference i have add the website link as well, kindly provide us with a reply

www.eleczo.com