cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply discount to only first 100 items per category

How to apply discount to only first 100 items per category

We have a promotion running that covers all products in 5 separate categories. We are allowing 50% off for the first 100 items in each category.

The cart price rule is correctly restricting the discount to the selected 5 categories, but users can add multiple products from each category and receive the discount on all. Therefore getting the discount for more than 100 products in each category.

An example: They can add 100 red T-shirts and 100 Yellow t-shirts to their cart, but the discount should only apply to the first 100 T-shirts (Category), not first 100 of each colour (Product)

Is there a method to do this using standard cart conditions and actions?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to apply discount to only first 100 items per category

@hecclesgoccff0 ,

Edit your rule and set "Maximum Qty Discount is Applied To" to 100

kindly Accept as a Solution if this works for you and give Kudos Smiley Happy 

Thanks for the quick response.

I already have that set, but that applies the rule to each product and not the categories.

Any other ideas welcome, totally stumped!

Hello @hecclesgoccff0 

For the answer to your query, I can simply recommend you one of the best email marketing extension i.e Product Bundle Discount for Magento 2. Here, the admin can create a bundle of products and can also create a bundle of up-sell or cross-selling products. 

Also, there are customizations available that will help you to transform the plugin as per your requirement. Please reply if you find the reply helpful, and hit the Kudo button. 

Thanks and Regards,

Jyotsna