cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How user friendly & efficient Magento Upgrade?

How user friendly & efficient Magento Upgrade?

Magento update their version rapidly fast, we using magento 1.9.2.3, we moving our entire version from 1.9.2.3 to 2.1.7, after some months magento closed 2.1 series docs. Magento announce EoQ & EoS for 2.3 series. Very fast update their version without giving enough time to develop own extension. Our case we using more than 15 custom modules, 25K products, 300 Categories and 50K customer strength. In future how magento stable their version?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How user friendly & efficient Magento Upgrade?

Hi @Aveeva 

I understand the point which you are trying to conveyed over here.

But if you are planning to migrate from Magento 1.9.X to Magento 2.X - then i would suggest you to migrate directly into the Magento 2.3.X

Because currently the stable and latest version of Magento is 2.3.X - so even though in future when Magento released 2.4.X - its easy to migrate from 2.3.X to 2.4.X in compare to 2.1.X

Also Magento has officially declared that no support will provide to Magento 2.1.X !

For more details i would say refer this link - https://magento.com/sites/default/files/magento-software-lifecycle-policy.pdf 

As per my experience and my opinion i would suggest to upgrade to Magento 2.3,X

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

FYI -> Magento officially announced 2.3 series closing date https://i.imgur.com/PMUKtE4.jpg. Make sure magento 2.3 mudule structure and magento 2.4 module structure is same. We facing really bad, we spend lot of money for upgrade magento 1.9.2.3 to 2.1.7 after few months magenbto closed 2.1.7 docs, this is not professional right. Actually we plan to develop our ecommerce to another domain like Drupal, opqn-cart, Django. We like magento functionality but magento team reapidly updte their version. I dont know they know about developer cost for upgrade magento version.  

Hi @Aveeva 

True and that's what i am saying i know Magento 2.3.X support end in upcoming years but if your e-commerce store is updated with latest version of Magento 2.3.X and if you just need to upgrade with 2.4.X then i think it will not require much more cost.

Upgrading from Magento 1 to Magento 2 yes its costly because both have complete different structure and complete module/directory structure as well also data migration is required as well - that's the reason it will costly for you.

But for the same Magento 2.3 to 2.4 - its just a few commands upgrades and all so it will not require much more time to upgrade.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution