cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access my account

I can't access my account

Hi everyone,

I'm in a very tricky situation which I hope can be resolved. Sadly, the web developer who was building the Magento back-end my my e-commerce website passed away unexpectedly. A lot of time and money had gone into his coding work, the issue is I can't log in to the Magento admin portal to to retrieve it. I get the following error message "You did not sign in correctly or your account is temporarily disabled." when logging in.

I tried calling Magento but only paying customers receive technical support and I can't afford to upgrade. The developer gave me two admin username's and passwords that both don't work. I only have his email address which he used as the main Magento account, but no one knows his password to that. What can I do next? Thanks in advance for taking the time to help 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I can't access my account

@alex_heringaHey,

You can do many things. Not sure how technical you are but below are few option.

1. If you have access to admin account then try to reset the password using forget password.

2. If you have access to server you should be able to reset password of an existing user. In case the user is blocked you can unlock and login.

3. You can create new user to login in Magento admin.

As you have posted question under Magento 1, so I can assume you are on Magento1. Just search for any of the 3 solution above in search engine you would be able to find your answer.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi @alrx_heringa If you have email address associated with your admin account you can do for forgot password with that email id .. 

Also if you have server access follow the below blog or search over search engine  to create new admin user programmatically in Magento 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/santoshyadavcse.wordpress.com/2013/02/04/magento-create-admin-user-prog...

If my answer is useful Click Kudos & Accept as Answer

Hi Tarandeep,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I can't reset the password of any
existing users because the link for changing it is automatically sent to
the email-address of the deceased web-developer, as that is the username
for the admin account. However no one, not even his family, know's the
password to that email-address. For that reason, I'm afraid your
suggestions won't work. Is there any other to bypass account deactivation?

Thanks,

Alex

@alex_heringa 
You can check this link it work for you
https://www.siteground.com/kb/how_to_reset_admin_password_in_magento/ 
In this link you can use database to alter the password

UPDATE admin_user SET `password` = md5('YOUR_NEW_PASSWORD'), is_active = 1 WHERE `username` = 'YOUR_ADMIN_USERNAME';

If this work accept this as solution and give kudos.