cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.8 site with spam emails and registrations. Can't find the form being used or stop them

Magento 1.8 site with spam emails and registrations. Can't find the form being used or stop them

Our site is M1.8. I am getting spam "contact us" form emails. We have a customized form.phtml (app/design/frontend/default/theme/template/contacts/form.phtml). I know that is not the one being used because the spam ones have NAME, EMAIL, TELEPHONE AND COMMENT fields and our custom form does not have the TELEPHONE field. I don't know if there is another instance somewhere on the site being used to spam us or some other method is being used. Also, we are getting registrations with names under 25 characters long (I already reduced the max to 25 characters in EAV) that usually have a pattern where the last name ends in two capital letters or are in Chinese or some foreign characters. I have reCaptcha installed/enabled too. Anyone tell me all the places the "contact us" form might be and how to block some of these spam registrations? The "contact us" emails are coming fast and furious and getting nastier by the hour. Thank you in advance,