cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9.3.10 update Deleted files

SOLVED

Magento 1.9.3.10 update Deleted files

I tried updating one of our clients magento today from 1.9.3.8 to 1.9.3.10. Unfortunately the update started and then it failed but managed to delete a lot of core files rendering the site unusable. We are currently trying to recover from a dev server.

After looking for the issue, it looks like although 1.9.3.8 works in PHP 7.0.x the update had a maxversion of 6, failing to update after deleting the files. 

Not sure why this is not yet fixed in updates...

Any ideas which files the updates delete?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 1.9.3.10 update Deleted files

We do have a backup server where we run all tests, updates and everything, before moving to the production one. We don't use git for this though.

Unfortunately the issue was that our dev server was on php 5.6 (so we upgraded without any issues) while the production on php 7. The update first deleted all files and then checked for the minimum requirements of php... 

We have recovered everything from the dev server but, I think that the maxversion 6 for php should be changed as 1.9.4.1 supports later versions. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @leokan23 

If you used any version control like git or svn you may find the deleted files.

Never upgrade on a production site directly, it should be done on a QA server. Always take full code and database backup before any upgrade.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

@leokan23You have a dev server? You did not try to upgrade Magento on dev server.. You must be having some version control? I can think of installing 1.9.3.10 and use the existing database. However tricky thing would be how many customer module or custom code you have. Migrating or moving them would not be easy.

I hope you can recover your website from you dev environment.

Best luck.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

We do have a backup server where we run all tests, updates and everything, before moving to the production one. We don't use git for this though.

Unfortunately the issue was that our dev server was on php 5.6 (so we upgraded without any issues) while the production on php 7. The update first deleted all files and then checked for the minimum requirements of php... 

We have recovered everything from the dev server but, I think that the maxversion 6 for php should be changed as 1.9.4.1 supports later versions.