cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9 - How to assign all products in a sub categories to it's parent categories?

Magento 1.9 - How to assign all products in a sub categories to it's parent categories?

My products assigned as sub categories and child categories, how to assign all products in a category to it's parent categories.

eg:

Books/Children/Boys, Now the products assigned with Boys child category, how to assign parent category Books.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to set all products on parent category?

@rahul Gupta  My magento version 1.9. can i get help regard magento 1.9.

@Aveeva please set Is Anchor to yes in all the categories from admin.

Thanks

@rahulGupta  Yes i did, following is my sql query you can run,

SELECT stat.sku, stat.NAME, SUM(qty_ordered) AS qty, SUM(row_total) AS total,let.category_name ,price ,gal.VALUE AS get_image,product_id 
FROM
 ( SELECT  order_id, product_type, sku, NAME, qty_ordered, price, row_total,product_id FROM 
 `sales_flat_order` AS so INNER JOIN `sales_flat_order_item` AS si ON si.order_id=so.entity_id
     AND so.state = 'complete'
     AND so.customer_email != 'one@giri.in'   AND so.customer_email != 'two@giri.in' AND so.customer_email != 'three@gmail.com'
 ) 
 stat
 INNER  JOIN 
(SELECT VALUE,entity_id FROM
catalog_product_entity_media_gallery 
)
 AS gal ON gal.entity_id = stat.product_id 
  INNER JOIN 
(SELECT  e.sku,
  ( SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT(cv.value)) FROM catalog_category_entity_varchar AS cv, catalog_category_product AS at_category_id WHERE
   at_category_id.category_id = cv.entity_id AND (at_category_id.product_id = e.entity_id) AND cv.attribute_id = 41 AND cv.store_id = 0   AND cv.value='Dance & Fashion Jewellery')
    AS category_name FROM catalog_product_entity AS `e`   )
 AS let
ON let.sku = stat.sku  
  WHERE  category_name != 'NULL'
GROUP BY stat.product_type, stat.sku, stat.name ORDER BY qty DESC LIMIT 20;

According to above query if i add products to parent-id category then only my products come to the list. 

@Aveeva you just have to go to each subcategory and make Is Anchor to yes from admin.

All the products gets automatically assigned to its parent category.

Thanks

@Aveeva if your problem is solved then you can Accept it as Solution so that it may be helpful for others.

Thanks