cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento EE 1.14.x is compatable with PHP 7.3.x/7.4.x

Magento EE 1.14.x is compatable with PHP 7.3.x/7.4.x

Hi Team,

Our migration project is in progress and PHP 7.2 support is going to expire soon. So we are thinking to upgrade PHP 7.2 to PHP 7.3/7.4/

Does Magento EE 1.14.x is compatable with PHP 7.3.x/7.4.x ?

Is there any upcoming patches for Magento EE 1.14.x before officially magento stops support for Magento 1.x ?

Regards,

Naresh

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Magento EE 1.14.x is compatable with PHP 7.3.x/7.4.x

Hi @naresh8055 

PHP 7.3 & 7.4 isn't supported by Magento 1 officially.

It supports 7.2 only.

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/m1x/system-requirements.html

Hi @Vimal Kumar 

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, we have already gone through it.

We can't use out of scope software(s) (PHP 7.2), we have to barrow sometime to finish migration project. We should keep safe our current website till then.

Have faced this kind of issue(s) in the past, if yes, please share your suggestions.

What do you think and which is the best approach in my case ?

@Magento team is there any planned/upcoming patches for Magento EE 1.14 ?

Regards,

Naresh

Hi @Manthan Dave @Damian Culotta @sherrie 

Can you add your suggestion here or any info about upcoming about latest PHP version support?

Hi!

All the public information remains the same.

You will be able to run the store under PHP 7.2 until the end of the year (maybe a little bit more) but you'll have another situation, maybe the most important: PCI DSS compliance.

In that case, the platform (Magento 1) won't be supported anymore (after a very long long long notification period) and your worry about the PHP version is the second problem (in my opinion).

If you are running Magento 1 you should be working on the next step of your ecommerce platform ASAP.

(My 2 cents)

Hi @Damian Culotta

Thanks for the details, our migration project is in progress.

Our first priority for migration only,  as per the current status our migration project is not going to be completed by June.

We have barrow atleast one or two months time to finish migration and testing.

Do you have any idea will Magento team provide extended support with additional fee.

Regards,

Naresh

Hi @naresh8055,

I'm not part of Magento so you shouldn't take my word as official.

I guess the answer will be No, but if you're running an Enterprise instance of Magento I understand you are a Magento's client and you should have access to a dedicated support.

You should ask that question there and that will be, probably, the official answer.

Cheers.