cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Paypal IPN succesfully sent but order status not changed

Magento Paypal IPN succesfully sent but order status not changed

Hi folks,

I am facing since last friday with a very strange problem. Without touching anything on our server, files, database or backend, suddenly all the incoming order are pending payment. 

After checking the paypal account and making some test orders, i saw that the moneys was taken, on paypal the ipn history shows a http heater code as 200 which means is sent and the ipn status also says sent, but on our website the orders are still staying as pending payment and on the transaction list there is no new transaction id's recorded.

The funny thing is that if i make a refund or a credit memo, the communication is fine, the parent transaction id comes in and the status changes fine. Please help us fixing this, any ideas may help me fixing it. THANKS in advance,

Sebastian

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento Paypal IPN succesfully sent but order status not changed

Hi @nagy_nagy,

There are 3 payment actions in Paypal to setup from the Magento system configuration section "Sales -> Payment Methods".

• Authorization:  Approves the purchase, but puts a hold on the funds. The amount is not withdrawn until it is “captured” by the merchant.

• Sale: The amount of the purchase is authorized and immediately withdrawn from the customer’s account.

• Order: The purchase represents an agreement between Paypal and the merchant. The total amount can be captured by the merchant at any time during the next 29 days

I guess that you Paypal payment action has been set to "authorization".

Best regards.

Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Re: Magento Paypal IPN succesfully sent but order status not changed

Hi @nagy_nagy

I think Paypal IPN is working fine there might be some problem during order status change. Please check your magento exception log and paypal IPN log into your server for exact identification of the problem.

Let me know if it helps.

Let me know if it helps. You can raise a KUDOS if its really worth for you. Also if it solves your problem then please mark as SOLUTION.