cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modules4U_GeoSwitcher ( Issues )

Modules4U_GeoSwitcher ( Issues )

Dear all,

Previously my IT developer had installed a extension called "Modules4U_GeoSwitcher".

and i came to realized that its not really good in terms of technical point as compared to best SEO practices as we have subfolder for country based and implemented hreflang accordingly. Hence, this geoswitcher might have causes confusing to googlebot and rewrite the hreflang implemented.

We have also tried to disable this Modules4U_GeoSwitcher, but once we switches it off. my product website could not be navigated to page 2 (e.g. i have total 10 pages of products but once i click on page 2,3 or 4 etc. it just keep loading and loading) and everything is back to normal once i switched it back on.

I would like to FULLY uninstall it, but site crashed.

any advise on going about resolving this issue? what are the steps to fully uninstall it?

Thank you,

Gerry 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Modules4U_GeoSwitcher ( Issues )

Hello @gerry_ong1 ,

Please login via terminal and go to Magento directory and run below command

php bin/magento module:disable Modules4U_GeoSwitcher
php bin/Magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f

Let me know if you are still getting issue.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Hi @gerry_ong1 

If I am not wrong you are using this extension http://www.modules4u.biz/shop/geoswitcher.html

and it is for Magento 1x versions.

As it is paid extension, it is difficult to say that how the custom code is written. It is better to take help from some developer.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

@gerry_ong1Disabling the extension from the Magento backend may not help as is just hide is from the screen but still keep running the module behind the seen.

You can try disabling the module from XML that is look for the module xml file under "app\etc\modules". XML must have "Active" mode as true. Change the value to "false". Make sure to clear all the cache after those changes. Try to browse the website in a new browser, for example you are use to off Google Chrome then use FireFox or Microsft Edge.

If the issue you mentioned earlier is still persist then you would need a developer help to look into it in more details.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.