cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple store Recently Viewed/Compared products shows for all stores

Multiple store Recently Viewed/Compared products shows for all stores

I've got a basic 1 website 2 store configuration where each store represents a product brand.

The objective was to keep the brands separate, but allow customers to share a shopping cart between the two stores.

Everything works great except I've run into an issue with the Recently Viewed / Compared products list.  If I go into site A and look at a bunch of products and then go into site B, the products that were "recently viewed" in site appeared in the recently viewed section on site B.  I'd like to restrict the recently viewed/compared items to the current store/store view only.

I found a configuration setting under System > Configuration > Catalog > Recently Viewed/Compared Products  called "Show for Current" (Website/Store/Store View) and thought that this is the place to make the restriction I'm looking for, but my stores are still showing products in these lists from the other store.

Am I missing something?  I've searched extensively for even a mention of this problem, but even found mention of it.

Has anyone else run into this?   And does anyone have a solution.  I'm using the rwd package/theme.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Multiple store Recently Viewed/Compared products shows for all stores

Have you tried creating a local.xml file in the theme layout directory with the viewed products for each?

Are you sharing a shopping cart or are they separate?

Magento Moderator since 2009
Keep Calm and Clear Cache!

Re: Multiple store Recently Viewed/Compared products shows for all stores

They're sharing a shopping cart.

And I've not created a local.xml file in the theme layout directories.  But I'm curious.  Please explain.