cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not valid template file

Not valid template file

Im not sure why i get this is showing up in my system.log file. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2015-08-11T06:19:28+00:00 CRIT (2): Not valid template file:frontend/base/default/template/configurableswatches/catalog/product/list/swatches.phtml

~B.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Not valid template file

Hi.

That error is generated because it cannot find the file.

First thing to do is to check that the file exists at app/design/frontend/base/default/template/configurableswatches/catalog/product/list/swatches.phtml

Regards,

Andy

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

good call.

So the system is looking for a file stored in the base subfolder structure ...its not there.

Configurable swatches are located in mytemplate/theme/template/configurableswatches not the base.

The file is not located in configurableswatches/ subfolders anyhwere.

so now i understand why there is a message in the log....now WHY is this happening?

Config  general settings are set  as     enabled :no

~B.

The configurable swatches template came in one of the later (1.9.1 maybe?) versions of Magento.

Has your store been in existence since before then and have you been upgrading as you go along? Its quite possible if you're using a theme that doesn't fall back to the base theme that this file would be reported missing.

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

That seems quite possible and as if that IS what is happening. Now, how do i fix this so that my log file stops filling up with that error getting soooooo large that its difficult to open the system.log?

~B.

Hi,

Download the base 1.9.2.1 version and firslty ensure that app/design/frontend/base/default/template/configurableswatches/catalog/product/list/swatches.phtml exists in your installation.

Then make sure that it also exists in your base theme..e.g

app/design/frontend/{theme}/default/template/configurableswatches/catalog/product/list/swatches.phtml

Hope this helps.

If this solved your problem please mark this as the solution!

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

This file does not exist in either place.

The configuralbe swatches directory is not in the base it is however in my theme template but there is no file in the view folder.

it looks as if it installed with my theme but not with the initial installation of the magento? is that possible and please ..how do i fix this?

my magento is current  1.9.0 install with all updates current to  1.9.2.1  smartwave legenda 

I have diabled the swatches in the admin, dont even use them.

~B.

Hi,

If you download a base magento and then copy them from

app/design/frontend/rwd/default/template/configurableswatches and into your theme directory.. that should hopefully solve the issue.