cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noticed Something with Backend Product Image Issue

Noticed Something with Backend Product Image Issue

Backend Product Image Issue. So I have been having the same issue that many of you have been having with the images not being displayed in the back end Catalog> Product Information> Images after uploading them. I have been reading many of the postings and the regarding permissions as being the issue and I have come across this; when is looked at the images listed in the cPanel under media > catalog>product >i >m folder, I noticed that the images stored there did not inherent the folder permissions. In fact they had a setting of 0640. I install an older version of Magento 1.8 and set up the catalog categories and product the same as in the 1.9.2.3 version and found at the images that were uploaded did inherit the folder permission. When I changed the permission of the images in the 1.9.2.3 version, this image would now show up in the back end. So then question I have is, how would we be able to get these images that we upload to inherit the permission of the folder as it was done in version 1.8.

 

I was wondering if someone would test this and reply.

 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES

Re: Noticed Something with Backend Product Image Issue

You can read this thread to udnerstand the reasons: http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/98220/security-patch-supee-7405-possible-problems

 

Then, you'll find some explanations and even a (possible) patch here: http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/99649/file-permission-change-to-640-after-uploading-via-w...

 

I prefer set correctly your webserver but maybe that patch can help.

--
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution"

Re: Noticed Something with Backend Product Image Issue

i have applied the patch and it it still the same

Re: Noticed Something with Backend Product Image Issue

So is there any interest for the developers om Magento and the patches to correct this issue i have applied all the patches, attempted all the adjustment and code modification and nothing works as it should. It seems to me that rather than fixing the core problem, Magento will try to provider a way around it. Well off i go tho Wordpress or one of the other e-commerce option and start again.