cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Emails will not send, but password and registration emails send just fine.

Order Emails will not send, but password and registration emails send just fine.

Dear Magento, 

Over the past week, I have spent countless hours testing and trying to get the sales transactional emails to work. When someone signs up on our site or asks to change a password, everything works fine, but when we test order a product, no confirmation email is sent out. We have configured our cron with every known variation on the planet, we have emptied our email_queue and recipients list in the data tables, and we have configured email any number of ways to get the thing to work. 

We have our site hosted on a VPS, and are using 1.9.2.2. The cron set up last tested is (/bin/sh /home/buymealmeasure/public_html/cron.sh cron.php -m=always) and our domain for sending emails out "the host" is our domain. We tried other smtp addresses and found nothing works. We downloaded and installed two different SMTP programs for Magento and were forced to uninstall due to incompatibility issues. 

Does anyone have an actual answer to or solution to this problem? I have watched videos on set up, have tried many different things and still have the problem. Our sites running 1.9.1 do not have this issue. I think something is wrong with the queue code...

We would love it if someone would respond with an actual solution...

Thanks,

GMS