cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order checkout not working, user gets logged off

SOLVED

Order checkout not working, user gets logged off

Dear community,

The problem is: When confirming the order at step 5 I get back to the shopping cart and receive the message that my cart is empty (and the user has been logged off)

I'm new to Magento and not familair with its way of working but our customers website is running Magento 1.9.2.4. The customer asked us to move the webshop to another hosting provider. We are not the creators of the website.

We copied the whole website using FTP to the new hosting and restored the database. All files are 644 and folders are 755.

I searched for a solution in the community and have:

- disabled local modules in local.xml

- debugging and loggin turned on

The only error that appears is in exception.log:

exception 'Mage_Core_Exception' with message 'Ongeldig bloktype: Magic_Mdlblog_Block_Tags' in Mage.php:595

Can anyone help me out?

12:47 added: If I log back in, the products are still in the shopping cart (so the order process did not complete)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Order checkout not working, user gets logged off

I figured it out, it was a cookie related issue.  I've extended the cookie's lifetime up to 24 hours and it resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Apparently your site has problems with following extension: Magic_Mdlblog. It's either missing (even though system still expects it) or partially installed.

Tanel Raja

Hi Pronto,
Thank you for your message. I solved it in the meantime by installing a checkout extention.

So I'm having a very similar issue after upgrading to 1.9.3.1.  The customer goes through the checkout process, and once they hit the Place Order button.  They are logged off and redirected to an empty cart.  The order goes through just fine and they receive a confirmation email, but it is very confusing to the user.  Unfortunately, after going through the logs I haven't been able to find any error messages that could relate to this.  Any other ideas what could be causing this? We are not using any third party extensions for our checkout.

EDIT: I also just tried putting a product into the shopping cart and then going to checkout to login to my account.  Just trying to login results in redirecting me to an empty cart.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I forgot to mention, I already put the form key in the login.phtml file.  Still having issues.

I figured it out, it was a cookie related issue.  I've extended the cookie's lifetime up to 24 hours and it resolved the issue.