cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orders not processing - moved web host

Orders not processing - moved web host

We've moved websites.  Our Magento site now works fine, but when you go to checkout through Authorize.net it simply goes back to the shopping cart.

If you try to process your order through PayPay, it goes to the PayPal site and everything works until it goes back to the site.   When you click 'Submit Order' - we are getting a 500 error.

We are on Community Edition 1.9

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Orders not processing - moved web host

Here is the error from our web host: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getReadConnection() on boolean in /home/username/public_html/our_domain/site/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resourc‌​e/Db/Collection/Abstract.php on line 134. This sounds like it is not able to connect to a database, but the rest of the site works so I'm confused why it would not connect.

To troubleshoot the issues with Authorize.net and PayPal integration on your Magento 1.9 website after moving platforms, follow these steps:

1. Clear the cache in your Magento admin panel.
  2. Verify the payment method settings for Authorize.net and PayPal.
  3. Test transactions using sandbox accounts for both payment gateways.
  4. Check error logs on your server for the 500 error with PayPal.
  5. Ensure compatibility of payment-related extensions or modules.
  6. Consider upgrading to a newer version of Magento.

Given the complexity of the situation, it might be worth considering different hosting providers to ensure optimal performance and compatibility. I want to recommend Devrims as a managed cloud hosting provider. They specialize in Magento hosting and offer expertise in seamless migrations. What's noteworthy is that Devrims provides free migration assistance, making the transition smoother for businesses.

Personally, I use Devrims for my website and can attest to their excellent service and reliability. Exploring hosting solutions that are tailored to Magento and come with dedicated support could potentially address the challenges you're facing. Feel free to check out Devrims for more information.