cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment transaction failed. Reason Customer email is required

Payment transaction failed. Reason Customer email is required

Our store has been getting this error messages on the onepage checkout since we upgraded to 1.9.2.2. We use IWD's One Page Checkout extension (version 4.2.2). We can't seem to duplicate this error. It only happens to 2 out of 10 orders. Also, we require our customers to login or signup before they can checkout. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Payment transaction failed.

Reason
Customer email is required

Checkout Type
onepage

Customer:
<>

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Payment transaction failed. Reason Customer email is required

Hi,

Did you get a solution to this as we are having the same problems Smiley Sad

Cheers

Shane

Unfortunately, IWD couldn't duplicate the error. We ended up using a different one page checkout extension.

I know this post is from a while ago, but I had the same problem and I think I've found the solution.
If a person tries to create an account with an existing email they'll get an error saying the email already exist.
But this isn't the problem, when they uncheck the option to create an account and choose to checkout as a guest, you'll get the error that the email already exists if you try to checkout, because the form is still unvalidated.
To resolve this the person has to trigger an email change so the form wil trigger the validation.
Now this isn't a real solution, so I added a line of code that validates the form when you uncheck the account creation.

IWD.OPC.Billing.validateForm();

in the file skin/frontend/base/js/iwd/opc/checkout.js
search for the part where account creation is triggered and add the line to the part where you uncheck the account creation

$j_opc('input[name="billing[create_account]"]').click(function(){
	if ($j_opc(this).is(':checked')){
		$j_opc('#register-customer-password').removeClass('hidden');
		$j_opc('input[name="billing[customer_password]"]').addClass('required-entry');
		$j_opc('input[name="billing[confirm_password]"]').addClass('required-entry');
	}else{
		$j_opc('#register-customer-password').addClass('hidden');
		$j_opc('input[name="billing[customer_password]"]').removeClass('required-entry');
		$j_opc('input[name="billing[confirm_password]"]').removeClass('required-entry');
		$j_opc('#register-customer-password input').val('');
		//Add validation
		IWD.OPC.Billing.validateForm();
	}
});