I have had a Magento 1.9.1 site since 2015. All has worked fine. I moved hosting companies and now a year later when I have gone to upload more products the images do not appear on the front end. All that is shown on the front end is a placeholder image. The image looks fine in the backend.
I have done the following to resolve; none of which has worked.
1. Flushed all the cache.
2. Disabled cache management.
3. Re-indexed all the files under index management
4. Installed a no flash uploader that allows me to add images in the back end and they appear, because flash is no longer supported in browsers.
5. Imported new products via csv import and the images appear in the back end.
6. Set the scope under attributes for image, small image and thumbnail from store view to global.
7. Checked the Low PHP Memory Limit, and it’s set to 512.
8. Ensured that a category is assigned to the product.
9. Set the correct websites to the product.
10. Changed the attributes/permissions of the ‘media’ folder from 755 to 777. I have done this for all the folders and images within media.
11. Checked that the folder owner is the same user as the web server user.
None of the above has worked. All that is shown is a placeholder image.
The one thing which I have noticed is that when I search in cpanel for an older image it will show lots of the same image in folders within media/catalog. These are obviously cached images created at the time of import. However when I import new images these cache images are not being created.
Can any-one help?
Happy to pay for some-one to fix it if they have the knowledge, as I have done all I can think of/find.
Based on the information provided, it sounds like there might be an issue with the file permissions for the media/catalog folder or the image files within it.
Here are some additional troubleshooting steps you can try:
Check the file permissions: Verify that the file permissions for the media/catalog folder and its contents are set correctly. They should be set to 755 for folders and 644 for files. You can use an FTP client or the cPanel file manager to check and update the file permissions if necessary.
Check the file ownership: Make sure that the owner of the media/catalog folder and its contents is the same user as the web server user. You can use the "chown" command in SSH to change the owner if needed.
Check the image file format: Make sure that the image files are in a supported format such as JPEG, PNG, or GIF. If the images are in an unsupported format, they may not display properly on the front-end.
Clear browser cache: Clear the cache in your web browser to ensure that you are seeing the most up-to-date version of the website.
Try a different browser: Test the website on a different browser to see if the issue persists. If the images display correctly on another browser, the problem may be with your original browser.
Contact your hosting provider: If none of the above solutions work, contact your hosting provider to see if there are any server-side issues that may be causing the problem.
I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue with your Magento site
Thanks for the advice, but all those things i have checked already. It appears to me to be a re-sizing/cache issue because if I search for an old image in cpanel it will show about 20 other resized images in different folders in media/catalog/product/cache/, but if I search for a new image it will only show two files in:
So, to me the problem is that it's not processing the image and creating thumbnails etc.
Any thoughts on how I can sort this?