cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with insert price

Problem with insert price

Hello! When I add product on my website and I insert a 6-digit amount I have no problem but once I insert an amount to 9 or 11 numbers as amount, it does not work.

For example if I insert $ 25,000 I have no problem, but I insert $ 250,000,000, after saving the addition of this product I find as price $ 100,000,000 and not the amount I inserted. 

Can you help me to fix this problem?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Problem with insert price

That's Magento's limitation on prices. If you want to increase price maximum, you have to modify tables in where all prices are set. Those tables are:

catalog_product_entity_decimal
catalog_product_index_price
catalog_product_index_price_tmp
catalog_product_index_price_final_tmp

But, also you'll have to modify all quote/order/invoice/creditmemo related tables, which means all tables with prefix sales_*.

What do you have to change? You have to modify every column whose type is decimal(12,2) to something like decimal(20,2).

For example, if you want to do that on catalog_product_entity_decimal table and its column value, you have to execute following SQL query:

ALTER TABLE catalog_product_entity_decimal MODIFY COLUMN `value` decimal(20,4) DEFAULT NULL COMMENT 'Value';

I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of such places.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue