cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Importing Product CSV file-Duplicate column error

Problems Importing Product CSV file-Duplicate column error

Hi Everyone.

I use magenta for my e-commerse website. I am not a programmer and hence facing a few issues. I know this problem has been discussed but since solutions included programming i could not fix it.

I am uploading a css file for products but keep getting an error - column names have duplicates. I have checked and there are no duplicates. This is the file given by my developer last time when i uploaded the items. Since he imported them i don't know if he faced this problem or not. Any easy fix?

2 REPLIES

Re: Problems Importing Product CSV file-Duplicate column error

I also exported my current product list and used the same but it still gives me the same error

Re: Problems Importing Product CSV file-Duplicate column error

Do you by chance use Mac, as I saw a few people with the same issue. Sometimes Mac/Linux editors save the file with incorrect formatting. Try re-saving file with UTF-8 without BOM encoding with some other text editor.

Also check if your column headers correspond to Magento requirements and that you have included all mandatory fields for import -

https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/required-csv-file-values-for-error-free-magen...

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.