cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Name, Description and Add to Cart button not visible on phone browsers

Product Name, Description and Add to Cart button not visible on phone browsers

Hi all,

I've just taken over looking after a Magento 1.9.2 store until a migration to 2.5 at some stage, but I'm a bit rusty on Magento Community 1.x.

I've found an issue with our store www.outdoorestore.co.nz in that the store is not displaying Product Name, Product Description, Product Details or Add To Cart button on Product Pages on Mobile Phone Browsers only, so devices with small screens.

It seems to be fine on iPads and all desktop browsers.

The product image displays fine and the Headings display, so Details, Additional Information, and Product Tags HEADINGS are all there, just no content/text or Add To Cart button.

Any suggestion on what would cause this to drop off just on small screens?

Thanks,

Tim

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Product Name, Description and Add to Cart button not visible on phone browsers

Your produclt name,description and add to cart button is already exist in Mobile device,

Issue is related to your CSS,

Just remove float:right from below class,

.col1-layout .product-view .product-shop { }

Right now you have given float right and that causes the issue in mobile device.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Re: Product Name, Description and Add to Cart button not visible on phone browsers

thanks Rakesh,

I tried changing that to "none" and removing altogether, but it didn't help unfortunately.

But I did just notice something I hadn't noticed before, which could be part of the same issue,

the "+" signs are missing from the footer Listings/Menus so they will not expand.

I was editing skin/frontend/default/theme540/css/styles.css - I'm assuming that's the CSS file you were referring to.

You need to remove only float right from CSS and clear cache and check.

Also remove mobile browser cookie and cache to see actual result.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Hi Rakesh,

Sorry, I should have mentioned I cleared the cache as a matter of course.

But I went back and actually deleted the text "float:right;"altogether, re-flushed cache and also cleared all history and cookies from mobile browsers, I've tried a few mobile browsers just to make sure.

Still no luck, unfortunately.

I'm starting to think its something more tricky, as i mentioned the footer listing menu's don't have + signs to expand and the top main hamburger menu also isn't functioning! ONLY on phone browsers.

Hi Rakesh,

The product name and price have now reappeared, I'm not 100% sure if this was because of your change or some other changes I made to templates to try and get the menu's working.

The product details and "additional information" text do not seem to have appeared yet, and I still have no menu + sign functionality, but it is a big improvement - thanks.

cheers

Tim

Hi Rakesh,

Although product name etc is now showing, the drop down menu (desktop) and + sign on mobile do not work on the product pages still? They do work on the homepage .

What could be blocking the menus from still working on this page?