cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product name and Meta title keeps changinf back to old version

Product name and Meta title keeps changinf back to old version

Hello everyone! 

I change the Product name and Meta title in Magento 2 to be more SEO-friendly, however on many products (2/3 of all my products) keeps changing back the Product name and Meta Title to the old automated and not SEO-friendly names/titles. It looks awful in front end and it's not good for our SEO at all. 

Our developers have tried to solve it for 6 hours now, but they still don't know the cause. We think it might have to do with a sync from another program. 

Has this happened to anyone else? All ideas of a solution are welcome! 

/Sandra

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Product name and Meta title keeps changinf back to old version

Hello @sandra_grennard

As per the understanding, you are facing the issue that after changing meta tags still reflecting previous meta tags if yes please run below commands:

php bin/magento cache:flush

php bin/magento indexer:reindex

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Re: Product name and Meta title keeps changinf back to old version

Dear @Manish Mittal

Thank you so much for adding your thoughts! 

We have made both cache flush and reindex of the site, however the problem is still there Smiley Sad

The Product Title and Meta Title looks perfect when I update the product, both in Magento and frontend it looks great. However after a few hours, and sometimes after one day, the Product title and Meta title has changed back to the old automated version again, and I can see the old names in Magento and front end. 

Any other thoughts?