cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECAPTCHA broken, settings gone

RECAPTCHA broken, settings gone

Hi,

Hope everybody is ok!

So I came in to the office after the weekend to a few emails from people who are unable to register on our website. The recaptcha has broken somehow and is saying "Error for site owner: Invalid Key type"

So I've gone to check the key out in the settings and the recaptcha settings under Advanced>Admin have disappeared!

Did they move the recaptcha settings somewhere else in an update? we're on Magento 1.9.3.1

2 REPLIES 2

Re: RECAPTCHA broken, settings gone

@elite_colours you can find the setting for enabling captcha on admin at Advanced->Admin->Captcha

For frontend you can find it at Customer->Customer Configuration->Captcha

But if you are getting error for key then you must be using some extension for this because default magento captcha doesn't require any key.

Let me know if you stuck anywhere.

Thanks

Magento Google Invisible reCAPTCHA

Magento Google Invisible reCAPTCHA extension by Meetanshi helps secure Magento store from spammy bots using Google reCAPTCHA v3.

Google-invisible-ReCaptcha-SM.png

Magento store admin must see to it that cybersecurity is taken care of. Spams and bots may cause trouble and to avoid it, earlier Google reCAPTHCA was used. But it couldn't filter out the real visitors and ended up bothering them by demanding to solve quizzes and check "I'm not a Robot" button to prove the authenticity. So Meetanshi has developed Magento Google Invisible reCAPTCHA extension that auto secures the store without annoying potential customers using the latest Google reCAPTCHA v3.

Magento Google Invisible reCAPTCHA extension keeps the spammy bots away from the store based on the risk score. The store owner has to set the threshold value for the risk score. For example, if the threshold value is set to 0.5, any visitor with the risk score above 0.5 need not worry about solving the recaptcha. However, visitors with the risk score below the set threshold value, i.e, here 0.5, has to undergo the two-factor authentication process.

The module integrates Magento with Google reCAPTCHA v3 so that the potential customers experience least user friction.

Benefits of Magento Google Invisible reCAPTCHA:

• Safeguard the Magento store from spammy bots and frauds.
  • Easily register with Google reCAPTCHA v3 at register with your domain name, accept the terms and conditions, and get the sitekey required for integration with Magento.
  • Set the threshold value for risk score and enable the least user friction for genuine visitors with the risk score above the threshold value.
  • Enable reCAPTCHA on the various pages of your Magento 2 stores such as Customer Login page, Forgot Password Page, Contact Us page, Website registration page, Newsletter subscription, and Checkout Registration.
  • Option to add various form selectors to add recaptcha badge on forms.

For more information, visit https://meetanshi.com/magento-google-invisible-recaptcha.html