cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing the test environment with the live website (and not the other way around!)

Synchronizing the test environment with the live website (and not the other way around!)

Hi guys,

I hope all is well.

I was wondering: how can I synchronize the test environment our website with the live website? The live website has been 'further' updated than the test environment. So, I have made some changes directly to the cms of the live website, because those were pretty straightforward.

But now my test environment is not 100% up to date anymore in comparison to the live website. When I now want to try and change things in the test environment, the starting point is not what the live website actually looks right now, which is a bit annoying Smiley Happy

How could I fully synchronize the test environment with the live website?

Many thanks guys, much appreciated,

AWXX

1 REPLY 1

Re: Synchronizing the test environment with the live website (and not the other way around!)

Essentially you will need to drop the test database and reimport the database with a dump from your live site.

Same with your files, you should be using revision control, so you can do a git pull master, or whatever, to grab your current code.

(if your not using git or someother revision control you will want to add that).

This is  a pretty deep hole leading toward deployments, CI/CD and so on. 

Good luck.