cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Added, Paypal Rounding Issue Fixed = Error processing order from Magento

Tax Added, Paypal Rounding Issue Fixed = Error processing order from Magento

Hi all!

Like a lot of people, I have had the tax rounding issue with Paypal.

So, the PayPal payments were working

I then added in TAX in Magento and then it would not load the paypal site.

Which I found the error was a rounding issue.

As recommended to fix this I then made the “transfer cart line item "false”".

I can now access the paypal site when checking out, but when paypal directs me back to Magento I am getting this error:

“There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later.”

Any ideas??

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Tax Added, Paypal Rounding Issue Fixed = Error processing order from Magento

Hi @misty_kunze,

Which version of Magento are you using?

Re: Tax Added, Paypal Rounding Issue Fixed = Error processing order from Magento

Hi Damien,

1.9 - cheers

Hi @misty_kunze,

Is that final error getting some message into Magento's logs?

Hi, Thanks for your response. I am more of a beginner with Magento, so not 100% sure. I did ask our developers (who have been no help here) how to access the error reports as I couldn't find how to access them and they said to go to these links, even though I am signed into the backend when I pop these into my browser it says it is not valid. Not sure if you are able to provide advice on how to find these error logs? 

I have read that the error we are receiving is pretty general and that we need to see what this report says, which I assume may be your thoughts also.

I really appreciate any assistance as I am out of ideas! 

Cheers

Misty

Error Log File Path

System Logs
public_html/var/log/system.log

Exception Logs
public_html/var/log/exception.log

Error Logs
public_html/var/report

Hi @misty_kunze,

Well, those paths you've shared could be the correct ones but you need to open the files and search for some error description that can help us to understand the issue.

Hi @Damian Culotta

Thanks for this, sorry but I cant figure out how to: "you need to open the files and search for some error description that can help us to understand the issue."

How do I get to the files?

I have tried logging into magento and then pasting the file paths into my URL but that doesn't work. I can't see in the backend of Magento where to go to view these reports..

Cheers,

Misty

Hi @misty_kunze,

You need to connect to your server (by ssh or using a panel). It will depend on youor hosting provider.