cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thousands of Chinese and Russian Customers signed up - what's coming?

SOLVED

Thousands of Chinese and Russian Customers signed up - what's coming?

Magento 1.9.4.0

Chaps

In the last two weeks I have had hundreds of Chinese Customers sign up all with variants of xxxxxxxxx@qq.com email addresses. They haven't bought anything so I'm guessing they are just probing but I cannot anticipate what is about to happen.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Thousands of Chinese and Russian Customers signed up - what's coming?

Hi @kevin_russell

You should use captcha on registration page. If these are coming from any script then it will be good to use catcha on website. For enabling captcha on registration page, do the following steps:

Magento has built-in captcha for Frontend, you can enable it by navigating to System > Configuration > Customers > Customer Cunfiguration, Next, Select Yes for field Enable CAPTCHA on Frontend. There are a number of options here for frontend CAPTCHA.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Thousands of Chinese and Russian Customers signed up - what's coming?

Hi @kevin_russell

You should use captcha on registration page. If these are coming from any script then it will be good to use catcha on website. For enabling captcha on registration page, do the following steps:

Magento has built-in captcha for Frontend, you can enable it by navigating to System > Configuration > Customers > Customer Cunfiguration, Next, Select Yes for field Enable CAPTCHA on Frontend. There are a number of options here for frontend CAPTCHA.

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution