cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to First Byte over 30 Seconds

Time to First Byte over 30 Seconds

Hi guys,

A site I manage/built has recently slowed way down to over 30 seconds on average for each page load. I installed AOE profiler and it's telling me that something called BLOCK ACTION: top.links -> addLink is the culprit (as seen in screenshot below).

I'm not that adept with Magento at all so any help in solving the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks a mill.

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 11.27.55.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Time to First Byte over 30 Seconds

check css and js weather it is merged or not .

Thanks for your reply. They were not merged, however having merged them the AOE profiler reports the same issue.

What's even more odd about is that it doesn't appear to be a consistent issue, sometimes the site will load in 2-3 seconds or so.

Just in case anyone has a similar issue - I solved this by disabling the top links block (the one containing the "my account" "my wishlist" etc. links. 

Not an ideal solution but the site is performing well, but I do not have the time to find the true cause of it. It may have been because of the template - Ultimo by Infortis.

Hi @rlphyg,

Can you check the same using RWD?

I guess (is a common problem) some menu is loading a model into a foreach (or something similar).

Can you start by trying with RWD to be sure if the problem is only within the theme?