cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Delete Magento Attribute Duplicate Value

Unable To Delete Magento Attribute Duplicate Value

Hi Guys I have a custom attribute that I use for multi-channel flexibility called att_brands which is exactly is what it says. Over the past years, VA.s have uploaded 10000 of products via csv with Magmi. Over the time we have duplicate Brand names and I mean duplicate also some with spelling differences. If I try to delete the duplicates they go but after saving they all come back!

I have even tried removing the Brands name from the relevant product so they are blank. Then tried removing but they will not go. At my wits end anybody any idea how to get rid.

I have used data flow to export the products deleted all the values so the Brand is blank in all of them. Then gone back and tried to delete the values but they all come back after a save.

See image here

Any idea how to remove these identical ones and misspelt ones?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unable To Delete Magento Attribute Duplicate Value

I'm having the same issue in 2020. Can't fix it.

After using migration tool to Magento 2 (test environment) the errors are shown and allows me to remove them but not on version 1.9.3.1

Infact in Magento it won't allow you to save unless all duplicates are removed. I'll have to fix it after migrating on production mode.

Re: Unable To Delete Magento Attribute Duplicate Value

This actually worked for me:

https://magento.stackexchange.com/a/82745/84272

The issue was server related.

PHP Warning:  Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000.

Increasing max_input_vars value did the trick