cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Url Numbers keep changing

Url Numbers keep changing

Hello All I am new to magento and just about to launch my store though I have noticed that my urls: 1 Have numbers at the end of them (only configurable products) 2 These numbers keep changing when asked to do Catalog Url Rewrites>Reindex Data for example I may have: www.mysite/myproduct-831.html become www.mysite/myproduct-835.html Why are numbers assigned to configurable products when it's associated (simple products) are not visible individually and was this possibly caused by the CSV creation method? Is this normal, I am concerned about this from an SEO point of view? Can it be flushed and re-indexed? Thanks & Regards Arooga1
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Url Numbers keep changing

What version of Magento are you running?

Magento Moderator since 2009
Keep Calm and Clear Cache!

Hi I am running 1.9.1.

I have found the solution, the url keys were all the same ..

Thanks though

Regarsd
Arooga1

Hi,

I am having this same issue, but I am not finding any duplicate product names and/or URL keys. Anyone else see this? Magento 1.9.2.1 is adding the ID number after all my configurable product URL keys. I am importing with Magmi. I have another site importing products the same way and I get clean URLs, so I think something may be up with my feed? But I can't find any duplicates.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I put this in another thread - but I'll repeat it here.

I know you said you've checked for duplicate urls - but sometimes they're not entirely obvious.

If you have access to your database you can run the following SQL... this will output 2 columns.. the first column is how many rewrites (urls) exist / have existed for a product.. and the 2nd column will tell you the Product ID. You ideally should edit the individual products in the query and ensure they have unique url keys.

SELECT count(url_rewrite_id), product_id
FROM core_url_rewrite 
WHERE is_system = 0 AND isnull(category_id)
GROUP BY product_id
ORDER BY count(url_rewrite_id) DESC

Once you've done that.. you can run the following to clear up the rewrites.. after you've ran this the rewrite index should operate a lot faster.

DELETE FROM core_url_rewrite WHERE is_system = 0

Ensure you reindex after; and ensure you take a database backup before running it just in-case anything goes wrong.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi,

I actually read that post and tried that before I posted here...I return no results with that query.

I'm looking for any type of difference between my site's feeds; not seeing any nor am I seeing any duplicate URL keys. I am going to import a working feed to this site to see if I've done something I shouldn't have in some template or Magento setting that could be causing this.

Thanks for your response, though.
-D

No problem. Please let us know if you feed throws up anything!

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner