cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data (After trying to clone from webserver)

Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data (After trying to clone from webserver)

Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /var/lib/php/sessions)  in /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php on line 133

#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'session_start()...', '/var/www/tawab....', 133, Array)
#1 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php(133): session_start()
#2 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php(222): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->start('frontend')
#3 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract.php(84): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract_Varien->init('core', 'frontend')
#4 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session.php(42): Mage_Core_Model_Session_Abstract->init('core', 'frontend')
#5 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(1348): Mage_Core_Model_Session->__construct(Array)
#6 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/Mage.php(463): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('core/session', Array)
#7 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/Mage.php(477): Mage::getModel('core/session', Array)
#8 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(493): Mage::getSingleton('core/session', Array)
#9 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Front/Action.php(69): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#10 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(407): Mage_Core_Controller_Front_Action->preDispatch()
#11 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#12 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#13 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(365): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#14 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#15 /var/www/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/yyyyyyyyyy/index.php(85): Mage::run('', 'store')
#16 {main}

Above is the warning i'm getting. 

Before I got this error, I had a problem about the website redirecting to the OLD url. In order to fix this, I followed some suggestions on a stackoverflow post ( changing core_config_data entries for web/secure/base_url and web/unsecure_base_url, emptied all cache files manually (now empty directories), giving all folders permissions) However, after these suggestions the error above appeared.

I'm sorry in advance, I'm not familiar with Magento at all! 

I also tried checking php_errorlog and the log files in /var/log but to no avail (most of the errors are from weeks ago). Maybe the different PHP/MySQL versions may cause it?

Currently on: Magento 1.9.2.1 (will be migrating to Magento 2 after fixing this issue)

Would anyone be kind enough to help me search in the right direction? Much appreciated. 

Edit1: I found the reason why i'm getting this error: As soon as I changed the unsecure/base_url  and secure/base_url path value the error went away.. BUT, it redirected to another site, so still no proper solution)

In conclusion, as soon as I change the paths in the database, the error appears.

Edit2: I might have found a solution: https://php.net/manual/en/function.session-start.php#120589.  I don't have proficient knowledge in order to edit session data in magento. I'm also not sure if this is indeed the right answer. Can someone help?