cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alias for multi store setup

alias for multi store setup

i have multiple stores with one database.  I have multiple store owners with websites that are informational without a store..

My issue is, I want to alias the magento store so that it looks like it comes from the url that is already set up for the brick and mortar and I also can't interfere with the current website.  The current website will still need to work as is.

So what I would like to happen is to use sub domains and the following to happen;

for example;

store site is store.magento.com

current brick and mortar informational site is brickandmortar.com

When customer clicks on store.brickandmortar.com the customer sees my store at store.magento.com but the url says store.brickandmortar.com and for every webpage on my store the url just substitutes store.brickandmortar.com instead of store.magento.com but everything after .com still appears.  So for tshirts if the full path should be store.magento.com/tshirt then url would say store.brickandmortar.com/tshirt

Is this possible?  If so how do I do this with as much detail as possible?

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: alias for multi store setup

Also, the two websites will be hosted by different webhosting companies.  However, I will have cpanel access to both websites to do the setup.