cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

category fatal error / reindexing error

category fatal error / reindexing error

I've been working on updating and adding a bunch of categories to my up and running e-commerce site. This morning i came in to continue with it but received a fatal error,

Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /home/billnye/public_html/store/lib/Varien/Data/Tree/Dbp.php on line 331

Doing some poking around I see that it occurs due to a re-indexing issue. So, in the index management, I see that the status of the category products says there is a re-index required. I have re-indexed a few times in the past few days with no problem. But today, when I try and re-index, it gives me another error, which redirects me to the index management page and says "THERE  WAS A PROBLEM WITH REINDEXING PROCESS" Trying to reindex the data from the Index management page gives me an error of  "Cannot initialize the indexer process"

Also, I don't know if this has to do with anything but another forum pointed me to the Manage stores page, then to the "main website store" Inside of there there isn't a root category selected, but when trying to select one, the only available category is Engine Oil. When that is a subcategory to Maintenance and shouldn't be a "root category"

Hope I gave enough information to narrow this down for you all to lend a helping hand! 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: category fatal error / reindexing error

Hello i have had this problem also and i found this website and it worked for me......i am not very knowlegdable about magento but i just followed the solution instructions and it worked http://devstuffs.blogspot.in/2014/01/getId-fatal-error-magento-dbp.php.html

Re: category fatal error / reindexing error

knowledgeable **i made a typo** not that it really matters....i hope it helps everyone else that has this problem. Have a Good day everyone.