cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

core_email_queue_recipients - Bug sending new confirmation emails to other old customers

SOLVED

core_email_queue_recipients - Bug sending new confirmation emails to other old customers

Hi Everyone,

I got an email from an very angry customer wanting to know how many people had been sent a copy of his address and personal details?!?!?

I can see multiple threads regarding this issue in various places, but I can't see any real confirmation from anyone that a fix has been implemented for this? Or an explanation of wether the Magento CE is just rubbish or if we have done something to cause the issue to occur?

http://community.magento.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Double-Order-Confirmation-same-Message-IDs-in-Datab...
http://community.magento.com/t5/Programming-Questions/New-order-email-messages-send-to-prior-custome...

So are there any moderators who can shed some light on this or can point me in the right direction, thankfully the site is just starting out and 100's of customers have not had this experience but its pretty shocking on a system like this that this is happening - my clients confidence in myself and this product is rapidly shrinking.

Thanks,
Simon

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: core_email_queue_recipients - Bug sending new confirmation emails to other old customers

When you flushed the table, did you do both tables, core_email_queue and core_email_queue_recipients?

If not you'll have old email addresses in core_emial_queue_recipients and they will get copies of the emails.

Really you shouldn't have to clear those tables, your cron job should sort than out for you.

Not every task is run everytime the magento cron runs.

You could install Aoe scheduler for a really easy way to see which cron jobs are running and when. 

On my stores the cron job core_email_queue_clean_up runs 0 0 * * * (at midnight).

Hope this helps.

Regards Richie

View solution in original post

Re: core_email_queue_recipients - Bug sending new confirmation emails to other old customers

I've installed the scheduler - it doesn't show an entry for core_email_queue_clean_up - should it by default or have I just stupidly being going under the assumption that is does automatically but in fact I needed to configure it o Smiley Embarassed

Please could you tell me how I add an additional entry?

Thank you for your help on this!

I've just Googled core_email_queue_clean_up - and I now understand the problem - I have been unable to use the official updates and have been using magentary to update - I would imagine I missed the part in the notes and the update itself doesn't setup the cron jobs and I still need to do that part? Doh!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Sorry for bumping this thread but is there a solution to this problem?

I flushed the email queue and it fixed the problem, up until an 2-3 orders ago and then the same problem again with the message id no longer incrementing and older customers getting a copy of the latest order!?

How did you flush the email queue? Was it via the database? 

Also how often is your cronjob for core_email_queue_clean_up running?

Yes I flushed it through phpMyAdmin.

My core cron script it running every 2 minutes, so I assume that means the email process is also running every 2 minutes?

Could it be to do with something to do with my Database type (currently innoDB) or some other table I am over looking?

As I put it went back to normal for a week or so and then back to square one and currently we have disabled all email notifications so some customers are concerned there order hasn't come through due there being no order confirmation Smiley Embarassed

Sorry to confirm my crons config shows as follows:

Generate Schedules Every: 15

Schedule Ahead for: 20

Missed if Not Run Within: 15

History Cleanup Every: 10
Success History Lifetime: 60

Failure History Lifetime: 600

When you flushed the table, did you do both tables, core_email_queue and core_email_queue_recipients?

If not you'll have old email addresses in core_emial_queue_recipients and they will get copies of the emails.

Really you shouldn't have to clear those tables, your cron job should sort than out for you.

Not every task is run everytime the magento cron runs.

You could install Aoe scheduler for a really easy way to see which cron jobs are running and when. 

On my stores the cron job core_email_queue_clean_up runs 0 0 * * * (at midnight).

Hope this helps.

Regards Richie

I've installed the scheduler - it doesn't show an entry for core_email_queue_clean_up - should it by default or have I just stupidly being going under the assumption that is does automatically but in fact I needed to configure it o Smiley Embarassed

Please could you tell me how I add an additional entry?

Thank you for your help on this!

I've just Googled core_email_queue_clean_up - and I now understand the problem - I have been unable to use the official updates and have been using magentary to update - I would imagine I missed the part in the notes and the update itself doesn't setup the cron jobs and I still need to do that part? Doh!

nevermind I'm an idiot I found it!

Thank you hopefully this will work Smiley Happy

No problem, glad you got it fixed Smiley Happy

Hi,

Found what? what exactly have you did to make this issue work itself?

We have tried only cleaning the cron queue using the scheduler in admin.

what else can be done and what exactly is causing this?

sorry if I read it all wrong I just couldnt figure out from this thread whats the solution?