cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

products added to category via Category Products are not saved

SOLVED

products added to category via Category Products are not saved

From Catalog > Manage Categories I select a category and go to "Category Products" tab.

I reset filters and select one or more products to add to category. Then hit "Save Category" button and the category is indeed saved but the products have not been added to the category.

If I remove a product from a category then it is saved and removed correctly.

I have tested with new and different categories and the problem is the same. I have cleared caches, checked logs and there are no errors neither exceptions, no js errors as well.

Any possible idea would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: products added to category via Category Products are not saved

update in case anyone else runs up this problem

solved after heavy debugging

the problem was caused after hiding "Position" column on grid by using an extensions.

As it turns out, Magento checks for the existence of position input field before saving Category Product. If the position input does not exist, it ignores the product. The same check is not happening when removing a product from Category.

Hope to save someone's time.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: products added to category via Category Products are not saved

update in case anyone else runs up this problem

solved after heavy debugging

the problem was caused after hiding "Position" column on grid by using an extensions.

As it turns out, Magento checks for the existence of position input field before saving Category Product. If the position input does not exist, it ignores the product. The same check is not happening when removing a product from Category.

Hope to save someone's time.