Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes in Magento 1 disappeared from frontend

Attributes in Magento 1 disappeared from frontend

Hello, I'm using Magento 1 for an e-commerce website,

There is an attribute for "Shoe Size" on my website which contains let's say:

(39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)

It was working fine and then all of a sudden, without adding any new products or anything, the size "45" disappeared and "44" became un-clickable, then the next day all but "39" disappeared from the frontend altogether.

The attributes in the backend are all the same like they were before when it was working fine (Numbers, positions, names, etc.) and I'm guessing someone tampered with the coding itself but I can't be certain.

ps. This also applied to the previous products that were on the site for over 6 months and more.

Help would me much appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Attributes in Magento 1 disappeared from frontend

Hi @mfouad1,

Can you check if there is some error on your browser's console?

Also, there are some checks that you can make:

1. If there are error on your browser's console, try to change the theme to the RWD/Default or Base/Default just to be sure that then problem isn't on your frontend theme
  2. Take a look at the system.log and exception.log files. Maybe there is a message there that can provide a clue.

Hey @Damian Culotta 

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I made sure it isn't the browser console but I cannot change the theme of the store.

Looking at the system.log and exception.log, everything seems to be fine there.

However, I tried opening the extension "Enhanced Product Grid" in Magento's configuration and it says:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Eav_Model_Resource_Entity_Attribute_Collection::addVisibleFilter() in /home/NAME/public_html/app/code/community/TBT/Enhancedgrid/Model/System/Config/Source/Columns/Show.php on line 10

I checked line 10 and I don't understand what the defined method should be, any ideas?

Thanks again, appreciate it a lot!

Which version of Magento are you using? (and also, which version of that module?)

Can you check System > Configuration > Advanced for anything that has been disabled.

If it is a multistore, you can check each store view. A module that has been disabled this way can create the problems that you are experiencing.

@elfling

I have checked, only Mage_Tag is disabled.

It is a multistore in progress and the size run is fine on the newer one (nothing has changed there)

@Damian Culotta

Magento ver. 1.9.2.2

Sorry @mfouad1 but I'm out of ideas.

I guess you would check the attribute set, then (at least) one product inside the backend but inside the database too.

Also (you should need some code skills) I would try to load a product (using code) and then debug which attributes the product has and the values of each attribute.