cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Tax text to VAT

SOLVED

Change Tax text to VAT

Is there a quick way to change the text Tax to VAT? 

I'd have thought there would be a quick way to do this via a text change in a XML file or via the admin or have i missed something???

As to me it seems counter productive to have the following, throughout the templates

__('Total Incl. Tax')

__('Total Excl. Tax')

The reason I'm asking is I've spent the last hour and manged to change the ones i require except one, which is this bit in grandtotal.phtml

<?php echo $this->renderTotals('taxes', $this->getColspan()); ?>

I've done a search for _('Tax') but unsure which one that I need to change??

The full code is in:

app\design\frontend\base\default\template\tax\checkout\grandtotal.phtml

It has the following code:

<?php if ($this->includeTax() && $this->getTotalExclTax()>=0):?>
<tr>
    <td style="<?php echo $this->getStyle() ?>" class="a-right" colspan="<?php echo $this->getColspan(); ?>">
        <strong><?php echo $this->helper('tax')->__('Total Excl. VAT')?></strong>
    </td>
    <td style="<?php echo $this->getStyle() ?>" class="a-right">
        <strong><?php echo $this->helper('checkout')->formatPrice($this->getTotalExclTax()) ?></strong>
    </td>
</tr>
<?php echo $this->renderTotals('taxes', $this->getColspan()); ?>
<tr>
    <td style="<?php echo $this->getStyle() ?>" class="a-right" colspan="<?php echo $this->getColspan(); ?>">
        <strong><?php echo $this->helper('tax')->__('Total Incl. VAT')?></strong>
    </td>
        <strong><?php echo $this->helper('checkout')->formatPrice($this->getTotal()->getValue()) ?></strong>
    </td>
</tr>
<?php else:?>
<tr>
        <strong><?php echo $this->getTotal()->getTitle() ?></strong>
    </td>
        <strong><?php echo $this->helper('checkout')->formatPrice($this->getTotal()->getValue()) ?></strong>
    </td>
</tr>
<?php endif;?>

Any help much appreciated

Mal

1 REPLY

Re: Change Tax text to VAT

Resolved Turns out on line 78 of app\design\frontend\base\default\template\tax\checkout\tax.phtml

<?php else: ?>
        <?php echo $this->getTotal()->getTitle() ?>
<?php endif;?>

I just commented out the echo part.... and replaced with VAT

This might NOT be the correct way, but at least everything says VAT and NOT Tax Smiley Happy