cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Magento slow down page loading speed website?

Does Magento slow down page loading speed website?

Hi all. My site is vtc.vn/tin-gia-vang-113.html, a sales site is trying to use magento for better UI but now changing PHP to magento will slow the page load speed? Please give me a good plan. Thanks all

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Does Magento slow down page loading speed website?

Magento has so many features which are good for big e-commerce stores and it also makes the problem of slow load time on websites. I contacted cv writers to get help. We can take an example here when we compare Magento with WordPress, it comes with a full of features but the problem is that it consumes more time in loading as compared to WordPress.

Re: Does Magento slow down page loading speed website?

Here is a good plan for migrating your site to Magento while maintaining speed:

1. Use a Magento specialized host like Devrims that optimizes performance. They have hosting solutions fine-tuned for Magento with features like Redis caching, PHP tuning, CDNs and more.
  2. Enable all of Magento's built-in caching features - FPC, block caching, Redis, Varnish if possible. Configure caching correctly.
  3. Minify/bundle CSS, JS, defer JS loading, optimize images to improve page weight and loading.
  4. Use performance tools like New Relic or Blackfire to identify and resolve bottlenecks.
  5. Limit installed extensions, remove unused modules/functionality, optimize code for efficiency.
  6. Set up indexes and cron jobs properly. Schedule reindexing during low traffic periods.
  7. Consider PWA Studio for a lean, fast Magento frontend.
  8. Test on a staging environment first before migrating to production.
  9. Monitor site speed post-launch. Continuously optimize and tune based on usage data and metrics.

With careful planning, optimized hosting and leveraging Magento's built-in speed features, you can achieve excellent performance. The key is optimizing in both the pre and post migration stages.